Donato Martinelli was founded at the beginning of last century and is now at its third entrepreneurial generation.
In the 1930s, on the initiative of the family founder, Umberto Martinelli, a wholesale store was opened in Florence in order to market linens.
The first manufacturing site was opened in Leffe in 1945; the waving factory was aimed at producing covers and bedcovers on its own. The spinning mill was added in 1963.
In the 1970s the activity grew and the company moved to a new 4,000 m2 production site, with new spinning, waving and finishing lines for covers.
In the 1980s, when new quilted products entered the market, the company was renewed and new systems were gradually installed for the production of non-woven fabric.
In the 1990s the production of new items was introduced: batting, needlefelts, fibre balls and laminated fabrics.
The production capacity of pillows and fillings was increased from the year 2000, the production lines have therefore been constantly adapted to the new needs and the covered production site has been enlarged to the actual dimension of 10,000 m2.
Even today, our company is still featured by this constant effort towards renewal, since we pay attention to every change, thus improving our quality and competitiveness.